Monday, November 28, 2011

Almost winter

It’s been a while since my last post.  Not sure why.  And not really sure why I keep posting.  It’s like having a diary unlocked and lying out on the counter for everyone to see.  Hmmmm.  There’s something Freudian about that.

Anyway, the winter is creeping in slowly.  Not officially winter yet, but it sure feels it.  Twenties at night and barely scraping the underside of 50 during the day.  We got in a supply of bird seed for the season this weekend and filled the feeders.  Not seeing many finches, but the scrub jays and our local species of woodpecker, the flicker, are showing themselves more frequently these days, along with the ubiquitous sparrows.  We like to make sure they’ll have plenty to fill their bellies as it gets colder.

My hats were evidently a hit with a friend’s son and his buddy.  Also with some folks here in town.   I might actually make more on them than just the yarn cost this holiday season.  We’ll see.  I love crocheting them.  My mate is my color consultant and his eye has been unerring this far into the venture.  He favors bright, deep colors and those are pretty popular right now.  He and I are collaborating on a couple of wall hangings; my crochet and his beading and other adorning.  The first one looks pretty good.  We might take this one with us to a friend’s Holiday Boutique in Salt Lake this weekend.  I’m taking hats, so the ‘mandala’ might be a good addition.  We’ll see.

Well, my work day is about to begin.  So, that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment